Frequently Asked Questions about African Energy Week
A number of prominent figures have been confirmed for African Energy Week 2021 including H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, H.E. Aissatou Sophie Gladima, H.E. Gabriel Obiang Lima, H.E. Diamantino Azevedo, and more. For a full list of speakers please refer to our AEW Event Speakers page.
Compared to more traditional conferences, AEW 2021 hosts a variety of sponsorship options intended to create more opportunities and increase brand exposure for participating companies. By utilizing the concept of the Energy Village, AEW 2021 not only spreads sponsorship opportunities across multiple venues and over a myriad of session structures, but across multiple platforms through physical, in-person delegations as well as the event’s micro-website, applications, and streaming services. AEW 2021 recognizes the value of tailor-made branding experiences and therefore, by providing each company with their own area, to be branded according to specific branding initiatives and company identity, the event ensures company exposure is more prominent.
Through premium sponsorship opportunities including conference arena’s, breakaway rooms, workshops, lunches and cocktail lounges, networking receptions and a beach club, AEW 2021 maximizes sponsorship and engagement. What’s more, the event’s golf tournament presents new sponsorship opportunities where brand exposure is made more interactive and impactful. By investing in AEW 2021 and taking advantage of the range of sponsorship opportunities, you are not only participating in Africa’s top energy conference, but immersing yourself in a one-of-a-kind experience.
- For registration related enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For sales related enquires contact email@example.com
- For media related enquires contact firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- For speaker opportunity related enquires contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment & Ticket Questions
- 4 Day conference and exhibition pass
- Covid-19 test per day
- Entry to all networking events
Yes this is possible, we have a 1 day ticket you can purchase
Member Delegate Pass
Discounted rate and extra access for members of the African Energy Chamber.
4 day ticket (9, 10, 11 November + Golf Tournament on the 12th November) = $990 per person
1 day ticket = $450
Non-member Delegate Pass
Standard pricing and access to conference, workshops and networking events.
4 day ticket (9, 10, 11 November + Golf Tournament on the 12th November) = $1,490 per person
1 day ticket = $750
Vaccinated participants qualify for a $200 discount. Please email email@example.com with proof of vaccination to apply.
Travel, Health & Safety Questions
We as the organisers of African Energy Week know that Covid-19 protocols are imperative to the safety of all of our visitors. That’s why we’ve been working with partners to create a multi-layered safety approach which will be approved by the City of Cape Town Health Authorities. A Committed Community approach mitigates risk and maintains a safe environment at African Energy Week 2021.
- The following protocols will be apply:
Daily Covid-19 testing prior to entry
- Covid-19 screening at each venue
- Signage will be in place with protocol measures
- Sanitization stations
- Masks at all times
- Social distancing as per local health regulations.
It is mandatory to wear an FFP2 at all times of attendance.
Acceptable face masks are classified as those Filtering Facepiece Respirators KN95 (FFP2/N95 Alternative) masks satisfying European Standard EN 149:2001.
Surgical masks and cloth face masks are not acceptable for this Event.
- All individuals must bring their own face mask(s), satisfying the criteria above
- Masks can be purchased at our rapid test centres
- Individuals without approved face masks may be denied entry, or asked to leave the Event
- If unable to wear a face mask for valid medical reasons, you may be required to present a certified doctor’s note at any time.